Cambridge is beautiful, historic, compact and lots of fun. My private Cambridge tour from London explores the university’s great College buildings, it’s ancient streets and history and tranquility of the River Cam.
Mystical England Two Day Tour
Private Tour | 2-Days | £0000
- 2-Day Tour Maximum 6 people
- Private Cab Total Price
Explore ‘Mystical England’ on this inspiring 2-Day tour from London.
I’m a London born and bred tour guide and I do love my city. But I love my English scenery and history too. I enjoy providing commentary and historic anecdotes about all my tour destinations. During this fascinating 2-day trip out of London we’re visiting some unforgettable and mysterious stone age and Arthurian locations, all within the ancient kingdom of Wessex.
Stonehenge: is a prehistoric wonder 5000 years old. There are so many layers of history here and new discoveries still being made. I first visited when I was eleven. I’m still fascinated, and I’m still learning. I’ll help you separate the myths from the real stories and we’ll visit the superb Visitor Centre, exhibiting discoveries and treasures from this mysterious monument. By the time we leave, you’ll know your neolithic from your megalithic and a disc barrow from a druid priest!
Glastonbury: was once an island dominating the marshy, water filled Somerset Levels. Always a place of mystery we’ll climb the fabled Isle of Avalon, better known as Glastonbury Tor. We’ll then walk down to the old town and explore the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey, a Christian site dating back over 1300 years. King Arthur, so it’s said, is buried deep within the Tor. But…his grave, shared with Guinevere, was found in the Abbey too. The mysteries deepen.
Bath city centre is in its entirety a UNESCO world heritage site. Honey coloured Bath stone dominates and shimmers through this ancient city and my guided walk takes us through its elegant Georgian streets. I’ll tell stories of royal patronage and divulge the architectural mysteries and symbols of its grand neoclassical buildings. We’ll see the famous Roman Baths and gothic Bath Abbey; and we’ll explore city connections to Jane Austen and (if you’re a fan) locations in Bath where Bridgerton was filmed.
Our overnight stay is in Bath at the Abcdefg Hotel. You’ll have a chance to explore Bath independently during the morning, before we leave for our final ancient and mysterious destinations.
Avebury, Silbury Hill and West Kennet Long Barrow: the village of Avebury sits within a giant neolithic henge and stone circle. Although huge this stone circle is far more basic than Stonehenge. But here we’re able to get up close and touch the stones. From the village we’ll walk through woods and fields to two ancient ritual sites. Silbury Hill is the biggest prehistoric manmade ‘mound’ in Europe and close by is West Kennet Long Barrow. This is a stone age burial chamber we can actually walk into. Lunch is in a thatched pub which dates from the late 1500s.
- 08.00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation
- Stonehenge, Glastonbury, Bath.
- Bath, Avebury, Silbury Hill, West Kennet Long Barrow
- 18.00: Arrive back at your hotel/accommodation
TICKETS: Price does not include admission to Stonehenge, Glastonbury Abbey, Roman Baths. Tickets are itemised on the booking form and purchased in advance to avoid lines.
- Graham (that’s me) is your private guide and driver providing commentary throughout the tours.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Lots of stops for photo opps and a lot of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps).
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
- Tours from 3-hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.