Built by Henry VIII Hampton Court is a fine example of Tudor glory and baroque grandeur. Returning to central London we explore more of the royal city: Buckingham & St James’s Palaces, Westminster Abbey etc.
- Private Cab Maximum 6 people
Windsor Castle + Eton College + Magna Carta private tour
Windsor Castle: This magnificent gothic fortress and royal residence has roots going back almost 1,000 years to the Norman Conquest, with significant Tudor, Stuart and Regency expansion. Extravagant in every way (well, it is a royal palace) and spanning seven royal dynasties, it is the present monarch’s weekend home of choice. The medieval St. George’s Chapel is magnificent too, a kind of mini Westminster Abbey.
Eton: Windsor’s village neighbour, crossing the Victorian bridge over the River Thames, and home to exclusive Eton College since the 15th century – it has educated 20 British Prime Ministers, James Bond and Captain Hook! We’ll stroll through this atmospheric village and have a look at the college buildings and gothic chapel.
Runnymede: Where King John sealed Magna Carta in 1215, having unsuccessfully hidden from his barons at Windsor Castle. We’ll see the Magna Carta Memorial, the (JF) Kennedy Memorial, an oak tree planted in American soil and a remarkable work of public sculpture. This area is not wheelchair accessible.
Windsor, Eton & Runnymede are an approximate 60 minute drive from central London.
Price does not include admission to Windsor Castle. Tickets are itemised on the booking form and are purchased by Graham in advance to avoid lines.
- Although not an official castle guide, I accompany you around the castle.
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the day.
- Door-2-Door service: pick-up and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Lots of stops for photo opps and a lot of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair accessible (with ramps).
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).