Henry VIII’s Hampton Court is an amazing example of Tudor glory and baroque grandeur. Returning to central London we explore more of the royal city: Buckingham & St James’s Palaces, Westminster Abbey etc.
- 7-Hour Tour
- Private Cab Maximum 6 people
Windsor Castle + Eton College + Magna Carta private tour
I’m a born and bred London tour guide who enjoys providing commentary and anecdotes about all our tour stops and historic royal sites. During this fun day-trip with a royal theme I’ll accompany you through one of England’s finest royal castles after which we’ll explore more local regal connections.
Windsor Castle: is a magnificent royal residence with roots going back almost 1,000 years to the Norman Conquest. Major expansion by monarchs from Plantagenet, Tudor, Stuart and Georgian periods enlarged and solidified this hill fortress. Extravagant in every way (it is a royal palace after all) and spanning seven royal dynasties, it is the monarch’s weekend home of choice.
The medieval St. George’s Chapel is stunning too, a kind of mini Westminster Abbey. We’ll see royal tombs of many past kings and queens including Edward IV and the cousin he murdered, Henry V; as well as Henry VIII and the present monarch’s father George VI.
Eton: crossing the Victorian bridge over the River Thames, we’ll stroll through Windsor’s village neighbour and home to exclusive Eton College since the 15th century – it has educated 20 British Prime Ministers, James Bond and Captain Hook!
Runnymede: where King John sealed Magna Carta in 1215, having unsuccessfully hidden from his barons at Windsor Castle. We’ll see the Magna Carta Memorial, the (JF) Kennedy Memorial, an oak tree planted in American soil and a remarkable work of public sculpture. This area is not wheelchair accessible.
- 09.00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to Windsor.
- 10.00: Windsor Castle.
- 12.30: Eton and Runnymede + lunch.
- 15.00: Leave Runnymede, drive to London.
- 16.00: Return to hotel.
I’m your driver and guide and accompany you into the Castle, where I’m not an official guide. During our walks around Eton and Runnymede I will be guiding and explaining as we explore.
Lunch is decided as we tour, usually a local pub (1 hour approx).
Having a driver/walking guide like me conducting your tour in a London taxi is super-efficient and will help to make the day enjoyable and memorable.
TICKETS: Price does not include admission to Windsor Castle. Tickets are itemised on the booking form and are purchased by Graham in advance to avoid lines.
- Although not an official Castle guide, I accompany you around the Castle.
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the day.
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Lots of stops for photo opps and a lot of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
- Tours from 3 hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.