Cambridge is beautiful, historic, compact and lots of fun. Our private Cambridge tour from London explores the university’s great College buildings, it’s ancient streets and history and tranquility of the River Cam.
- Private Cab Maximum 6 people
Hampton Court Palace and Royal London private tour
Exploring Hampton Court and the crowning glories of royal London
I’m a born and bred London tour guide who enjoys providing commentary and anecdotes about all our tour stops and London’s historic regal and palatial sites.
During this fun day-trip with a royal theme I’ll guide you through one of England’s finest palaces before we return to Westminster for a tour of London’s famous royal landmarks.
Hampton Court Palace: was built by King Henry VIII 500 years ago and is a superb example of Tudor extravagance and royal wealth. It almost doubled in size in the late 1600s for King William and Queen Mary, creating a royal Stuart residence of baroque opulence and grandeur. This palace overflows with royal history and intrigue..and a ghost; there are so many tales here for me to tell.
The Palace was renovated again for the Georgian kings and has been home to three royal dynasties. Magnificently designed, it’s big and it’s spectacular and jam-packed with art and treasures for us to see. Oscar-winner ‘The Favourite’ about Queen Anne had scenes filmed here.
Royal London Highlights Tour: more monarchs and palaces for us to get close to:
- Buckingham Palace.
- St James’s Palace.
- Westminster Abbey.
- Houses of Parliament.
- Kensington Palace.
- 09.00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to Hampton Court
- 10.00: Hampton Court Palace Tour + lunch
- 13.00: Leave Hampton Court Palace, return drive to central London
- 14.00: Royal London Tour
- 16.00: Return to hotel.
I’m your driver and guide at Hampton Court Palace and during our Royal London tour. I’ll be explaining as we explore.
Lunch is usually in the very nice Tiltyard Cafe at the Palace (45 mins approx).
During the Royal tour I’ll be parking near to landmarks and we’ll then walk closer for close-up views. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. There are endless opps for photos. Some walks are short and some slightly longer. Time spent viewing a landmark varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
Having a driver/walking guide like me conducting your tour in a London taxi is super-efficient and will help to make the day enjoyable and memorable.
We’re always close to coffee shops and places for bathroom breaks.
Price does not include admission to Hampton Court. Tickets are itemised on the booking form and are purchased by Graham in advance. Tickets can be purchased on arrival if preferred.
- Graham (that’s me) is your private guide and driver providing commentary throughout the day.
- Many stops for photo opps and a lot of walking.
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Bottled water
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps)
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
- Tours from 3 hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.