Which Wheelchairs Can We Accommodate?
Manual wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs and electric scooters now come in all shapes and sizes.
- Most manual wheelchairs fold and can be stored in the taxi, if the wheelchair user is able to transfer onto a normal seat.
- Some electric wheelchairs fold/collapse and the parts can be stored in the taxi, if the wheelchair user is able to transfer onto a normal seat.
- Some people can’t transfer to a normal seat and have to remain in their wheelchair at all times.
My taxi can carry six passengers maximum. If a wheelchair or scooter cannot fold or collapse to be stored this will reduce the number of passengers to three or four. Please contact me if you have any questions about this.
Listed below are the maximum dimensions and weights for the taxi and ramp. If a wheelchair user, who has to remain in their wheelchair for the full duration of a tour, has dimensions or weight that supersedes those listed below they will not be able to fit, sit or tour in the taxi.
The booking form will have a section for you to complete with the relevant wheelchair information.
Mercedes Vito London Taxi - Maximums
Width interior (at narrowest):
- 54″ (48″ for wheelbase)
- 137cm (122cm for wheelbase)
Max Weight on Ramp (before it buckles):
- 620 lbs
- 44 stone
- 280 kg
- Tours from 3-hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.