Built by Henry VIII Hampton Court is a fine example of Tudor glory and baroque grandeur. Returning to central London we explore more of the royal city: Buckingham & St James’s Palaces, Westminster Abbey etc.
- Private Cab Maximum 6 people
Private tour to beautiful countryside & villages, near London
The beautiful English countryside begins…just outside of London. Our English countryside tour takes us to the Chiltern Hills, officially designated an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’ (AONB). Only 33 such areas exist in all of England.
The Chilterns are less than a 90-minute drive from central London. The idea behind this tour is that we spend time sightseeing and visiting beautiful countryside locations, NOT driving for hours and hours. This is how your day might go:
Definitely: ancient villages, medieval churches, quaint old pubs, winding lanes, rolling hills, wooded glades + film & TV locations (Chitty Chitty, Vicar of Dibley, Midsomer Murders). History too: Domesday Book, Black Death, Reformation, and religious Dissenters.
Maybe: bluebell woodlands (in spring), grazing muntjack deer (they’re very shy), cows, sheep, sun, blue skies, cloud, rain or snow (dress for the weather).
NB: I’m often asked to visit a beautiful area called the Cotswolds (..ask me and I will take you). My English Countryside tour is very nice too. It’s the anti-Cotswolds tour. Less driving, lovely scenery, genuine history, old villages and no tourists.
- Expenses for food and drink are not included (I book a nice old pub for lunch).
- Graham (that’s me) is your tour guide and driver, providing commentary throughout the day.
- Many stops for photo ops and a quite a bit of walking.
- Door-2-Door service: pick-up and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Bottled water.
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).