Henry VIII’s Hampton Court is an amazing example of Tudor glory and baroque grandeur. Returning to central London we explore more of the royal city: Buckingham & St James’s Palaces, Westminster Abbey etc.
English Countryside Tour
Private Taxi Tour | 7 Hours | £415
- 7-Hour Tour Maximum 6 people
- Private Cab Total Price
Private tour to beautiful countryside & villages, near London
Beautiful English countryside begins. . .just outside London. I’m a born and bred London tour guide and I do love my city. But I also love my rural English scenery and history too. Our tour takes us to the Chiltern Hills, officially designated an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’ (an AONB is similar to a US National Park).
The Chilterns are less than a 90 minute drive from central London. The idea behind this tour is that we spend time sightseeing and visiting beautiful countryside locations, NOT driving for hours and hours. I will guide us through the buildings, churches and histories of the villages we visit and some walking will be involved.
We’ll definitely see: ancient villages, medieval churches, nice old pubs (for eating & drinking), winding lanes, rolling hills, wooded glades + Film & TV locations (Chitty Chitty, Midsomer Murders and Killing Eve).
We might see: bluebell woodlands (in spring), grazing muntjack deer (they’re very shy), cows, sheep, raptors milvus milvus, sun, blue skies, cloud or rain (so dress for the weather).
- Chiltern Hills
- Ancient villages
- Medieval churches
- Film & TV locations
- Traditional English pubs
No other guide does this tour. The rest is a secret.
Our final village has a lovely old pub (well known for its pies) where we usually have lunch.
- 09.00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation and drive to the Chiltern Hills.
- 10.15: Arrive in the Chilterns.
- 14.45: Leave the Chilterns.
- 16.00: Return to London hotel.
I’m your driver and private guide and I’ll be explaining as we explore. Walking is integral to this tour. There are lots of stops for photo opps. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. Time spent viewing a location varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
Having a driver/walking guide like me conducting your tour in a London taxi is super-efficient and will help to make the day enjoyable and memorable.
NB: I also tour a beautiful area called the Cotswolds. My English Countryside tour is very nice too. This is the ‘anti-Cotswolds’ tour: less driving, lovely scenery, genuine history, old villages and no tourists.
- Expenses for food and drink are not included (I book a nice old pub for lunch).
- Graham (that’s me) is your tour guide and driver, providing commentary throughout the day.
- Many stops for photo ops and a quite a bit of walking.
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Bottled water.
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.
- Tours from 3-hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.