London: one of the great world cities, jam-packed with amazing buildings and iconic landmarks. Choose from three private London highlights tours: three, five or seven hours.
- Private Cab
Discover London horrors on this gruesome (yet historically accurate!) private London tour
On this horrorable tour we explore execution sites, plague pits, murder scenes and haunted churchyards. From the Black Death to Jack the Ripper, London has many macabre tales to tell. We’ll probe the gruesome underbelly of London’s history, from the middle ages to the 20th century; a sobering combination of bad, mad and plain old sad.
Where did Henry VIII occasionally favour execution by boiling? The same place where they burnt witches and heretics. One of Jack the Ripper’s gruesome murders took place in a quiet, isolated backstreet – just wide enough for my London cab to drive down.
Have you ever seen evidence of ‘stacking’, or visited the improbable site of a London golem (near where they hanged pirates)? We’ll also visit the site of a notorious London ‘hangfair’ and a park dedicated to acts of heroism, tinged by tragedy.
From the dissolute to the Dissolution, the great thing about this London Horror tour is that I don’t have to make any of it up. Well, the ghost stories might not be true. . . or are they!
- Graham (that’s me) is your tour guide and driver, providing full commentary, and chilling tales, throughout the tour.
- Many stops for photo ops and the occasional short walk.
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Tours can be combined and extended to 5 or 7 hours, eg. Highlights + Horror – see London Sightseeing City Tours page
- Bottled water
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps)
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
Health & Safety
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
Click on Trip Advisor logo to read Graham’s five-star reviews.