Henry VIII’s Hampton Court is an amazing example of Tudor glory and baroque grandeur. Returning to central London we explore more of the royal city: Buckingham & St James’s Palaces, Westminster Abbey etc.
- 10-Hour Tour
- Private Cab Maximum 6 people
Private tour to beautiful Bath and Lacock from London
I’m a London born and bred tour guide and I do love my city. But I love my English scenery and history too. I enjoy providing commentary and historic anecdotes about all my tour destinations. During this fascinating day trip out of London we’re visiting two unforgettable, but very different, historic English locations.
Bath city centre is in its entirety a UNESCO world heritage site. Honey coloured Bath stone dominates and shimmers through this ancient city and my guided walk takes us through its elegant Georgian streets. I’ll tell stories of royal patronage and divulge the architectural mysteries and symbols of its grand neoclassical buildings. We’ll see the famous Roman Baths, gothic Bath Abbey and explore the city connections to Jane Austen.
Lacock is a small ‘picture postcard’ village in the Wiltshire countryside locked in time. Remarkably, every village building is dated between the 13th – 18th centuries, including the well preserved gothic church and its four pubs! The ruined ancient Abbey (paid admission if we visit) was also a Harry Potter film location and some episodes of Downton Abbey were filmed here too.
- 08.00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to Bath.
- 10.30: Arrive Bath.
- 13.00: Leave Bath.
- 14.00: Arrive Lacock.
- 15.00: Leave Lacock.
- 18.00: Return to London hotel.
I’m your driver, and private guide and I’ll be explaining as we explore. Walking is integral to this tour. There are plenty of stops for photo opps. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. Time spent viewing a location varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
We’re always close to coffee shops and places for bathroom breaks and our lunch location can be decided as we tour. We’ll also be stopping for short breaks on the outward and return journeys.
This tour as a whole or partially can be customized to fit your preferences – please inquire. Some people like to spend the whole day in Bath and go into all the attractions, e.g. Roman Baths, Abbey.
Price does not include admission to the Roman Baths. Tickets can be purchased online and Graham will provide the link in his booking confirmation, or entry is on the day.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the tour.
- Many stops for photo opps and quite a bit of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
- Tours from 3 hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.