Explore the worlds most famous stone age super-structure and the gloriously gothic Salisbury Cathedral (home to a surviving Magna Carta) on my private Stonehenge tour from London.
Cambridge Day Trip
Private Taxi Tour | 8 Hours | £520
If your preferred tour date is not available Click Here for similar tours by trusted partners.
- 8-Hour Tour Maximum 6 people
- Private Cab Total Price
- A 6% booking fee will be added. This ensures the security of all transactions. My prices are still competitive.
Private tour to Cambridge – picturesque and historic university city
I’m a London born and bred tour guide and I do love my city. But I love my English scenery and history too. I enjoy providing commentary and historic anecdotes about all my tour destinations. During this enjoyable day trip out of London we’re visiting Cambridge; quite small but full of charm and fantastic architecture.
Cambridge is beautiful, historic and a lot of fun. It’s very ancient, dating its foundation to 1209. My guided walk through the city will take us past some of the university’s great College buildings from Kings (medieval Gothic) to Trinity (Tudor), Pembroke (Baroque) to Corpus (neo-Classical) and Queens’ (1970s Brutalism!).
It’s not only the architecture but the intimacy and charm of Cambridge that makes it so memorable. We’ll step into some old churches, one with surviving Anglo-Saxon fabric, and none more recent than the 1600s. We’ll also see the old timber Mathematical Bridge and the more recent very strange Corpus Clock. The tranquil waters of the River Cam flow through the city and our walk includes a superb scenic stroll along its banks.
As well as literature, history and philosophy, science has played a big part of the University story: from the genius of Newton to the discovery of DNA and from wordsmiths Christopher Marlowe to Salman Rushdie. And let’s not forget football (aka soccer) where in Cambridge the games’ rules were developed in the 1860s – we shall walk on the actual hallowed turf. All in all, I prefer Cambridge to Oxford.
- 08.30: Meet at your hotel/accommodation and drive to Cambridge
- 10.30: Arrive Cambridge
- 14.30: Leave Cambridge
- 16.30: Return to London hotel
I’m your driver and private guide and I’ll be explaining as we explore. Walking is integral to this tour. There are lots of stops for photo opps. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. Time spent viewing a location varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
Having a driver/walking guide like me conducting your tour in a London taxi is super-efficient and will help to make the day enjoyable and memorable.
We’re always close to coffee shops and places for bathroom breaks and our lunch location can be decided as we tour.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charge may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the tour.
- Many stops for photo opps and quite a lot of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps). Child seats/boosters not provided.
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Cancellation: 100% refund (then -48 hours pre-tour 50%).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
Click on Trip Advisor logo to read Graham’s five-star reviews.
- Tours from 3-hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.