Discover stone age super structures, glorious Gothic construction and the framework of democracy on this private Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral tour from London.
- 8-Hour Tour
- Private Cabs Maximum 6 people
Private tour to Cambridge, ancient university city
Cambridge is beautiful, historic and a lot of fun. It’s very ancient, dating its foundation to 1209. My guided walk through the city will take us past some of the university’s great College buildings from Kings (medieval Gothic) to Trinity (Tudor), Pembroke (Baroque) to Corpus (neo-Classical) and Queens’ (1970s Brutalism!).
It’s not only the architecture but the intimacy and charm of Cambridge that makes it so memorable. We’ll step into some old churches, one with surviving Anglo-Saxon fabric, and none more recent than the 1600s. We’ll also see the very old timber-made Mathmatical Bridge and the more recent very strange Corpus Clock. The tranquil waters of the River Cam flow through the city and our walk includes a superb scenic stroll along its banks.
As well as literature, history and philosophy, science has played a big part of the University story: from the genius of Newton to the discovery of DNA and from wordsmiths Christopher Marlowe to Salman Rushdie. And let’s not forget football (aka soccer) where in Cambridge the games’ rules were developed in the 1860s – we shall walk on the actual hallowed turf.
- 08.30: Meet at your hotel/accommodation and drive to Cambridge
- 10.30: Arrive Cambridge
- 14.30: Leave Cambridge
- 16.30: Return to London hotel
I’m your driver and private guide and I’ll be explaining as we explore. Walking is integral to this tour. There are plenty of stops for photo opps. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. Time spent viewing a location varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
We’re always close to coffee shops and places for bathroom breaks and our lunch location can be decided as we tour.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charge may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the tour.
- Many stops for photo opps and quite a lot of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps)
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
- Tours from 3 hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.