Discover stone age super structures, glorious Gothic construction and the framework of democracy on this Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral tour from London.
- 8-Hour Tour
- Private Cabs Maximum 6 people
Private tour to Cambridge, ancient university city
Cambridge, ‘Jewel of the Fens’, is beautiful, historic, compact and a lot of fun. It’s certainly ancient, post-dating the foundation of Oxford University by only 42 years in 1209. Our walk through the city will cover some of the university’s great College buildings from Kings (Gothic) to Trinity (Tudor), Pembroke (Baroque) to Corpus (Neo-Classical) and even Queens’ (1970s Brutal).
We’ll explore some very old churches too, one with surviving Anglo-Saxon fabric, and none more recent than the 1600s. The tranquil River Cam is very accessible and our journey through the city will take us for a superb scenic stroll over a bridge and along its banks.
As well as literature, history and philosophy, science has played a big part of the University story: from the genius of Newton to the discovery of DNA and from Kit Marlowe to Salman Rushdie. And let’s not forget football (aka soccer) where in Cambridge the beautiful games’ rules were developed in the 1860s – we shall walk on that hallowed turf.
Cambridge and Oxford cannot be toured in one day. Choose Cambridge.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pick up and drop off anywhere in central London (extra charge may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the tour.
- Many stops for photo opps and quite a lot of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair accessible (including ramps)
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).