Cambridge is beautiful, historic, compact and lots of fun. Our private Cambridge tour from London explores the university’s great College buildings, it’s ancient streets and history and tranquility of the River Cam.
- 10-Hour Tour
- Private Cabs Maximun 6 people
Private tour to the ‘golden stone’ villages and scenery of the Cotswolds.
I’m a London born and bred tour guide and I do love my city. But I love my English scenery and history too. I enjoy providing commentary and historic anecdotes about all my tour destinations.
The Cotswolds rural landscapes and stone villages are world famous. It’s one of the most well known areas of English countryside and officially designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (an AONB is similar to a US National Park).
The purpose of this AONB is to conserve and enhance the natural landscape and the ‘golden stone’ villages within. There are no urban centres in the Cotswolds and much of the land is still given over to farming and livestock. Such was their value that the local sheep are known as the ‘Cotswold Lions’.
Our private Cotswolds tour from London drives through lush countryside and rolling hills making stops in some of the famous ancient villages, where I guide short walks and explain the history and architecture of our surroundings.
We’ll walk by the gentle waters of the River Coln, which flow through Bibury and Arlington Mill, to see the 17th century weavers cottages. On the banks of the winding River Eye lies Lower Slaughter, a village dating back over 1000 years and said to have the most romantic high street in England. This provides one of our options for lunch where I might book a table.
Bourton-on-the-Water and Stow-on-the-Wold provide more scenic stops and there might be time to visit the grave of Winston Churchill, laid to rest in the family plot at Bladon.
- 08.00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to the Cotswolds.
- 10.30: Arrive in the Cotwolds + driving tour and walks.
- 15.00: Leave the Cotswolds.
- 18:00 Return to London hotel.
I’m your driver and private guide and I’ll be explaining as we explore. Walking is integral to this tour. There are plenty of stops for photo opps. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. Time spent viewing a location varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
NB: My English Countryside tour is very nice too. It’s the ‘anti-Cotswolds’ tour: less driving, lovely scenery, genuine history, old villages and no tourists.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charge may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the tour.
- Many stops for photo opps and quite a lot of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps)
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
- Tours from 3 hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.