Cambridge is beautiful, historic, compact and lots of fun. Our private Cambridge tour from London explores the university’s great College buildings, it’s ancient streets and history and tranquility of the River Cam.
- 10-Hour Tour
- Private Cabs Maximun 6 people
Private tour to the ‘golden stone’ villages and scenery of the Cotswolds.
The rural landscapes and stone villages of the Cotswolds are world famous. It’s one of the most well known areas of English countryside and an officially designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (an AONB is similar to a US National Park).
The purpose of this AONB is to conserve and enhance the natural landscape and the ‘golden stone’ villages within. There are no urban centres in the Cotswolds and much of the land is still given over to farming and livestock. Such was their value that the local sheep are known as the ‘Cotswold Lions’. This private Cotswolds tour from London drives through lush countryside and rolling hills making stops in some of the famous ancient villages, where I will lead short walks and explain the history and architecture of the surroundings.
The gentle waters of the River Coln flow through Bibury and by Arlington Mill, where 17th century weavers cottages still survive. On the banks of the winding River Eye lies Lower Slaughter, a village dating back over 1000 years and said to have the most romantic high street in England. Bourton-on-the-Water and Stow-on-the-Wold provide more scenic stops and there might be time to visit the grave of Winston Churchill, laid to rest in the family plot at Bladon.
The Cotswolds are there to be quietly enjoyed and the purpose of this day out is to become immersed in the heritage and beauty of the surroundings.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charge may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the tour.
- Many stops for photo opps and quite a lot of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps)
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
Click on Trip Advisor logo to read Graham’s five-star reviews.