Explore ancient villages, age-old churches, gorgeous countryside, and quaint old pubs on this private English countryside tour a short drive from London.
- Private Cab Maximum 6 people
Windsor Castle + Royal London private tour
Exploring Windsor Castle and the crowning glories of royal London
I’m a born and bred London tour guide who enjoys providing commentary and anecdotes about all our tour stops and London’s historic royal and palatial sites.
During this fun day-trip with a royal theme I’ll accompany you through one of England’s finest royal castles before we return to Westminster for a tour of London’s famous regal landmarks.
Windsor Castle is a magnificent royal residence with roots going back almost 1,000 years to the Norman Conquest. Significant expansion by monarchs from the Plantagenet, Tudor, Stuart and Georgian periods enlarged and solidified this hill fortress. Extravagant in every way (it is a royal palace, after all) and spanning seven royal dynasties, it is the monarch’s weekend home of choice.
The medieval St. George’s Chapel is stunning too, a kind of mini Westminster Abbey. We’ll see the royal tombs of many past kings and queens including Edward IV and the cousin he murdered, Henry V; as well as Henry VIII and the present monarch’s father George VI.
Royal London Highlights Tour: More monarchs and palaces for us to get close to:
- Buckingham Palace.
- St James’s Palace.
- Westminster Abbey.
- Houses of Parliament.
- Kensington Palace.
- 09.00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to Windsor
- 10.00: Windsor Castle + lunch
- 13.00: Leave Windsor, return drive to central London
- 14.00: Royal London Tour
- 16.00: Return to hotel.
I’m your driver to Windsor and accompany you into the Castle, where I’m not an official guide. During our Royal London tour I will be guiding and explaining as we explore.
Lunch is decided as we tour, sometimes a local pub (45 mins approx).
During the Royal tour I’ll be parking near to landmarks and we’ll then walk closer for close-up views. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. There are endless opps for photos. Some walks are short and some slightly longer. Time spent viewing a landmark varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
Price does not include admission to Windsor Castle. Tickets are itemised on the booking form and are purchased by Graham in advance to avoid lines.
- Although not an official Castle guide, I accompany you around the Castle.
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary through the day.
- Lots of stops for photo opps and a lot of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
- Tours from 3 hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.