Cambridge is beautiful, historic, compact and lots of fun. My private Cambridge tour from London explores the university’s great College buildings, it’s ancient streets and history and tranquility of the River Cam.
- 10-Hour Tour
- Private Cab Maximum 6 people
Private Stonehenge tour from London…plus Salisbury Cathedral
I’m a London born and bred tour guide but I love my English scenery and history too. I enjoy providing commentary and historic anecdotes about all my tour destinations. On this day trip out of London we’re going to visit two unforgettable English landmarks.
Stonehenge: is a prehistoric wonder 5000 years old. Yet there are so many layers of history here and new discoveries still being made. I first visited when I was eleven. I’m still fascinated, and I’m still learning. I’ll help you separate the myths from the real stories. By the time we leave, you’ll know your neolithic from your megalithic and a disc barrow from a druid priest!
The entire ‘ritual’ site is vast, predating even the stone circle. The stones are definitely the centrepiece, but there is also a superb Visitor Centre exhibiting discoveries and treasures from this mysterious monument.
Salisbury Cathedral: 13th century Gothic triumph, medieval religious powerhouse and place of burial for the big bishops.
This spectacular Cathedral has the tallest spire in Britain, beautiful stone decoration, olden tombs and is home to one of only four surviving copies of Magna Carta. We’ll explore its tales of religion, upheaval and, yes, violence.
- 08.00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to Stonehenge.
- 10.30: Arrive at Stonehenge.
- 12.30: Leave Stonehenge.
- 13.00: Arrive at Salisbury Cathedral + lunch.
- 15.00: Leave Salisbury, drive to London.
- 18.00: Return to hotel.
I’m your driver, and guide at Stonehenge and Salisbury Cathedral. I’ll be explaining as we explore.
Light lunch tends to be in the very nice cafe in the Cathedral.
Modern bathroom facilities are at both locations. We’ll also be stopping for short breaks on the outward and return journeys.
Stonehenge and Salisbury both have excellent parking facilities. Walking is integral to both attractions and both are wheelchair friendly. I’ll talk as we walk and when we stop to scrutinize all the points of interest. There are endless opportunities for photographs.
Stonehenge is very isolated. Combining the two landmarks in one trip makes for an excellent full day excursion.
TICKETS: Price does not include admission to Stonehenge. Tickets are itemised on the booking form and are purchased by Graham in advance to avoid lines. Salisbury Cathedral is free entry, although they suggest a donation.
- Graham (that’s me) is your private guide and driver providing commentary throughout the tours.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Lots of stops for photo opps and quite a bit of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps).
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
- Tours from 3 hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.