Cambridge is beautiful, historic, compact and lots of fun. My private Cambridge tour from London explores the university’s great College buildings, it’s ancient streets and history and tranquility of the River Cam.
Oxford Day Trip
Private Taxi Tour | 8 Hours | £520
If your preferred tour date is unavailable Click Here for similar tours by trusted partners.
- 8-Hour Tour Maximum 6 people
- Private cab Total Price
- A 6% booking fee will be added. This ensures the security of all transactions. My prices are still competitive.
Private Oxford tour from London
I’m a London born and bred tour guide and I do love my city. But I love my English scenery and history too. I enjoy providing commentary and historic anecdotes about all my tour destinations. On this day trip out of London we’re going to visit the most famous of England’s university city’s.
Oxford: ‘sweet city with her dreaming spires’, medieval colleges and a skyline pierced with gothic points and pinnacles. There are many magnificent university buildings for us to see during my guided walk. Through narrow streets and ‘Broad’ we’ll see some of Oxford’s great college buildings and we’ll also visit a venerable university institution during our memorable day tour out of London.
Together we’ll explore the city’s history, stunning architecture (Bodleian Library, Sheldonian Theatre, Radcliffe Camera and more), and the people – lots of people – who were made by Oxford and helped make its name: Wren, Hawksmoor, Carroll, Tolkien; Alice and Potter!
We may visit Christ Church, one of Oxford’s largest and most accessible colleges. This is a paid attraction. Its Great Hall was inspiration for Hogwarts, and some Harry Potter scenes were filmed here. The 12th century, gothic splendour of Oxford’s Christ Church Cathedral is also housed within the walls of this huge college. If we don’t visit Christ Church we will aim to visit one of the other Colleges, such as Trinity, Balliol, St John’s, St Edmunds etc. Each College varies and changes their opening times, sometimes without notice. We’ll do our best.
- 08.30: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to Oxford.
- 10.30: Arrive Oxford.
- 14.30: Leave Oxford.
- 16.30: Return to London hotel.
I’m your driver and private guide and I’ll be explaining as we explore. Walking is integral to this tour. There are lots of stops for photo opps. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. Time spent viewing a location varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
We’re always close to coffee shops and places for bathroom breaks and our lunch location can be decided as we tour.
Having a driver/walking guide like me conducting your tour in a London taxi is super-efficient and will help to make the day enjoyable and memorable.
- Price does not include admission to Christ Church (College and Cathedral) or other Colleges. Tickets purchased on arrival.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your tour guide and driver, providing full commentary through the day.
- Lots of stops for photo opps and quite a bit of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps). Child seats/boosters not provided.
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Cancellation: 100% refund (then -48 hours pre-tour 50%).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
Combine any two of the following tours to create an overnight/2-day trip:
- Stonehenge + Magna Carta
- Oxford Day Trip
- Winchester Day Trip
- Mystical England Day Trip
- Oxford + Stratford-upon-Avon Tour
- Bath + Lacock Village Tour
- Cotswolds Day Trip
Starting and ending in London from your hotel/accommodation (Mon – Fri).
Hotel accommodation not included in tour price.
Graham will recommend hotel location, which depends on the tour combination selected.
Enquire before booking tours.
Click on Trip Advisor logo to read Graham’s five-star reviews.
- Tours from 3-hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.