Cambridge is beautiful, historic, compact and lots of fun. My private Cambridge tour from London explores the university’s great College buildings, it’s ancient streets and history and tranquility of the River Cam.
Oxford Day Trip
Private Taxi Tour | 8 Hours | £480
- 8-Hour Tour Maximum 6 people
- Private cab Total Price
Private Oxford tour from London
Oxford: ‘sweet city with her dreaming spires’, medieval colleges and a skyline pierced with gothic points and pinnacles. There are many magnificent university buildings for us to see during my guided walk. Through narrow streets and ‘Broad’ we’ll see some of Oxford’s great college buildings and we’ll also visit a venerable university institution during our memorable day tour out of London.
Together we’ll explore the city’s history, stunning architecture (Bodleian Library, Sheldonian Theatre, Radcliffe Camera and more), and the people – lots of people – who were made by Oxford and helped make its name: Wren, Hawksmoor, Carroll, Tolkein; Alice and Potter!
We’ll also visit Christ Church, one of Oxford’s largest and most accessible colleges. This is a paid attraction, but worth the price of admission. Its Great Hall was inspiration for Hogwarts, and some Harry Potter scenes were filmed where we’ll walk. The 12th century, gothic splendour of Oxford’s Christ Church Cathedral is also housed within the walls of this huge college.
- 08.30: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to Oxford.
- 10.30: Arrive Oxford.
- 14.30: Leave Oxford.
- 16.30: Return to London hotel.
I’m your driver and private guide and I’ll be explaining as we explore. Walking is integral to this tour. There are lots of stops for photo opps. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. Time spent viewing a location varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
We’re always close to coffee shops and places for bathroom breaks and our lunch location can be decided as we tour.
Having a driver/walking guide like me conducting your tour in a London taxi is super-efficient and will help to make the day enjoyable and memorable.
Tickets will be purchased on entry to Christ Church (College and Cathedral).
- Price does not include admission to Christ Church (College and Cathedral). Tickets purchased on arrival.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your tour guide and driver, providing full commentary through the day.
- Lots of stops for photo opps and quite a bit of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps).
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.
- Tours from 3-hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.