Cambridge is beautiful, historic, compact and lots of fun. Our walk through the city will explore the university’s great College buildings, it’s ancient streets and history and tranquility of the River Cam.
- Private Cab Maximum 6 people
Private Oxford tour from London
Oxford: the ‘city of dreaming spires,’ medieval colleges and some rather significant old buildings. We’ll explore Oxford’s history, stunning architecture (Bodleian Library, Sheldonian Theatre, Radcliffe Camera and more), and the people – lots of people – who were made by Oxford and helped make its name: Wren, Hawksmoor, Carroll, Tolkein and more.
We will also visit Christ Church, one of Oxford’s largest and most accessible colleges. This is a paid attraction, but worth the price of admission. The Great Hall was the inspiration for Hogwarts, and some Harry Potter scenes were filmed where we walk. The 12th-century gothic splendour of Oxford’s Christ Church Cathedral is also housed within the walls of the college.
Christ Church was also home to Alice Liddell, the real-life Alice in Wonderland; and a mythical Oxford to Lyra Belacqua of Her Dark Materials. It’s here that their stories begin.
Come and see for yourself on my day trip to Oxford.
- Price does not include admission to Christ Church (College and Cathedral). Tickets purchased on arrival.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pick-up and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is your tour guide and driver, providing full commentary through the day.
- Lots of stops for photo opps and quite a bit of walking.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps).
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).