Oxford tours have something for everyone. Explore it’s history, stunning architecture and people on a private tour walking its broad and narrow streets + Harry Potter and Alice in Wonderland.
- Private Cab Maximum 6 people
Private tour to Stratford-upon-Avon and Oxford from London
I’m a London born and bred tour guide and I do love my city. But I love my English scenery and history too. I enjoy providing commentary and historic anecdotes about all my tour destinations. On this day trip out of London we’re going to visit two unforgettable, very famous English cities.
Stratford-upon-Avon: is all about William Shakespeare. His birthplace, home base and burial space are all on my walking tour. This small, very pleasant ancient market town is, in fact, full of Shakespeare related sights encompassing his entire life and family. We’ll stroll over the River Avon and through the old centre discovering the Shakespeare presence as we explore.
The Cotswolds is on our route to Oxford. We’ll drive across the edge of one of England’s famous rural areas, taking in some lovely scenery as we travel.
Oxford: is the ‘city of dreaming spires’, medieval colleges and many magnificent old buildings. My guided walk encompasses the colleges, history, architecture and people – lots of people – who were made by Oxford and helped make its name: Wren, Hawksmoor, Carroll, Tolkein; Alice and Potter!
- 08.00: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to Stratford.
- 10.30: Arrive Stratford-upon-Avon.
- 12.30: Leave Stratford-upon-Avon.
- 14.00: Arrive Oxford.
- 16.00: Leave Oxford.
- 18.00: Return to London hotel.
I’m your driver and private guide and I’ll be explaining as we explore. Walking is integral to this tour. There are plenty of stops for photo opps. I’ll talk as we walk and when we’re up close. Time spent viewing a location varies from one or two minutes to a few minutes.
We’re always close to coffee shops and places for bathroom breaks and our lunch location can be decided as we tour.
This tour as a whole or partially can be customized to fit your preferences – please inquire. Some people like to spend the whole day in Stratford and also visit Mary Arden’s farm and Anne Hathaway’s cottage.
- We drive, we walk, we eat, we drink (lunch not included in price).
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Graham (that’s me) is ‘to be’ your guide and driver, providing full commentary through the day.
- There are two walking tours and lots of stops for photo opportunities.
- Bottled water.
- Wheelchair friendly (including ramps).
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Official ‘Good To Go’ Visit England health certificate (see photos).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
- Taxi sanitized before every tour.
- Tours from 3 hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.