Henry VIII’s Hampton Court is an amazing example of Tudor glory and baroque grandeur. Returning to central London we explore more of the royal city: Buckingham & St James’s Palaces, Westminster Abbey etc.
Windsor Castle + an Olde English Village
Private Taxi Tour | 8 Hours | £520 + Tickets
If your preferred tour date is unavailable Click Here for similar tours by trusted partners.
- 8-Hour Tour Maximum 4 people
- Private Cab Total Price
- A 6% booking fee will be added. This ensures the security of all transactions. My prices are still competitive.
Windsor Castle + an olde English village. Private tour from London.
I’m a born and bred London tour guide who enjoys providing commentary and anecdotes about all our tour stops and historic royal sites. During this fun day-trip with a royal theme I’ll accompany you through one of England’s finest royal castles after which we’ll explore a very lovely non-touristy real country village.
Windsor Castle: is a magnificent royal residence with roots going back almost 1,000 years to the Norman Conquest. Major expansion by monarchs from Plantagenet, Tudor, Stuart and Georgian periods enlarged and solidified this hill fortress. Extravagant in every way (it is a royal palace after all) and spanning seven royal dynasties, it has been a main residence for many monarch’s through the centuries.
The medieval St. George’s Chapel is stunning too, a kind of mini Westminster Abbey. We’ll see royal tombs of many past kings and queens including Edward IV and the cousin he murdered, Henry VI; as well as Henry VIII and Elizabeth II.
Old Amersham: is a village older than Windsor Castle. Its high street buildings all date from the 1500 – 1800s and it’s ancient gothic church goes back to the 1200s. We’ll explore its surprising history which involves religious turmoil and dissent, petty crime, executions, military memorials and the largesse of the local gentry. A great sweep of English history and architecture in one remarkable village.
If you’re more interested in real English countryside and old villages this tour might interest you: The Real English Countryside Tour
- 08.30: Meet at your hotel/accommodation, drive to Windsor.
- 10.00: Windsor Castle.
- 12.30: Old Amersham + lunch.
- 15.00: Leave Old Amersham, drive to London.
- 16.30: Return to hotel.
NOTE: Windsor Castle is closed Tuesday’s and Wednesday’s.
I’m your driver and guide and accompany you into the Castle, where I’m not an official guide. During our walk around Old Amersham I will be guiding and explaining as we explore.
Lunch is decided as we tour, usually a local pub (1 hour approx).
Having a driver/walking guide like me conducting your tour in a London taxi is super-efficient and will help to make the day enjoyable and memorable.
TICKETS: Price does not include admission to Windsor Castle. Tickets are itemised on the booking form and are purchased by Graham in advance to avoid lines.
- Although not an official Castle guide, I accompany you around the Castle.
- Graham (that’s me) is your guide and driver providing commentary throughout the day.
- Door-2-Door service: pickup and drop-off anywhere in central London (extra charges may apply if different).
- Lots of stops for photo opps and a lot of walking.
- Bottled water. Child seats/boosters not provided.
- Mercedes Vito London Taxi – comfortable, partitioned, air con (see photos).
- Cancellation: 100% refund (then -48 hours pre-tour 50% [excluding tickets]).
- London taxis have a transparent perspex partition between driver guide and passengers.
- Intercom allows 2-way conversation and commentary.
- Walking parts of all tours are done as safely as possible.
- Hand sanitizer available.
Click on Trip Advisor logo to read Graham’s five-star reviews.
- Tours from 3-hours to full-day.
- All tours are private tours.
- Door-2-Door: pickup and drop-off.
- Vehicle seats up to six in comfort.